September 6, 2017, PMI will release Version 6 of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide. The updates in the new guide reflect slight adjustments to the framework expanding it to encompass managing equipment as well as human resources, and changing terminology from “control” to “monitor” in many areas. In addition, PMI will publish the new Agile Practice Guide which will become PMI’s definitive resource for all things Agile.
The PMP and CAPM tests will not change until January, 2018.
Knowledge Area Changes:
• Project Time Management > Project Schedule Management
• Project Human Resource Management > Project Resource Management
Process Name Changes:
• Plan Stakeholder Management > Plan Stakeholder Engagement (Planning)
• Plan Human Resource Management > Plan Resource Management (Planning)
• Perform Quality Assurance > Manage Quality (Executing)
• Control Communications > Monitor Communications (M&C)
• Control Risks > Monitor Risks (M&C)
• Control Stakeholder Engagement > Monitor Stakeholder Engagement (M&C)
• Manage Project Knowledge (Added to Executing)
• Implement Risk Responses (Added to Executing)
• Control Resources (Added to M&C)
• Close Procurement’s